9/21/2005

Suicide

This past weekend I received word that a senior in high school back home committed suicide late Saturday night. I personally did not know him, nor any of his family, but I knew of him and his family. But from what I've been reading/hearing is that he was a tremendously great guy and a friend to many. Another thing that sticks out in his [short] life, is that he was involved in a few christian activities. Whether he was indeed a christian or not is up to God. But hypothetically speaking, why does God choose to let his own people have the capacity to feel as if they have nowhere to turn, but to take their own life? Why does God ultimately let some carry out the deed, and yet let some decide not to go through with their thoughts? In my own mind, I cannot fathom why God wants to use people through their death, and others through their life. I fail to see what God sees in an individual as worthy of living to tell their "near death experience" to others and yet predetermine that He will use a person's death to glorify His name. I still have so many questions about suicide that I doubt I will ever know, but I pray to my God and Saviour, Shepherd and Light, that He will continue to reveal His plan for my life. ~John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. "

No comments: