4/26/2005

Maturity

So, yesterday was my birthday...the big 21. I went out and had 2 drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings. But while my friends and I were there, we all realized how many people were there to get sloshed... and on a Monday night. Granted it is dead week, where school is at a minimum and there is room for excess partying, but we just couldn't believe that students would get trashed at the start of the week, especially if they had just spent the weekend partying. It was then, that I realized that we, as christians, are called to maturity. Not only spiritual maturity, but also physical maturity through the way we act in public. Titus 2:2 says "Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love, and in endurance." And later on in verse 6, Paul goes on to write that we are to be examples to the younger [men/believers] through "doing what is good...showing integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned". We are to be responsible with the things God has given to us...and this was very clear last night when I was drinking.

No comments: