11/16/2007

Grace in Life

It's amazing how God works through life's trials. This past week the Spirit has been convicting me on too many things to list. One of the areas that the Spirit's been teaching me is in the area of grace. I know this because not only did I come across grace through talks with friends, but this weeks bible study was about God's Grace and Sufficiency. To a non-believer that seems like a lot of coincidence, but for me that's a God thing.

In bible study we talked about the difference between grace and mercy. A.W. Tozer puts it this way in Knowledge of the Holy. "As mercy is God's goodness confronting human misery and guilt, so grace is His goodness directed toward human debt and demerit. It is by His grace that God imputes merit where none previously existed and declares no debt to be where one had been before." And again, "Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits upon the undeserving."

That is very comforting to know that God bestows grace upon the undeserving such as me. I only hope that as Christians we too can hand out grace to each other as generously as God does.

No comments: